Media Relation Specialist
We are looking for a media relation Specialist to manage our external communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong media relation specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists.
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople - in person or over the phone - and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the PR team.
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns.
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories.
- Copywriting skills including excellent verbal, written and proof-reading skills, as well as having a creative flair to produce engaging copy.
- Presentation skills to communicate ideas to the team as well as ability to present stories and ideas to the journalists in a succinct and captivating way.
- Strong interpersonal skills, over the phone, by email or in person, especially in establishing, building and maintaining contact/relationships with internal and external parties and media outlets.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Team oriented, collaborator; open minded to all ideas, feedback and suggestions.
- Flexible working hours.
- Stock options for all employees.
- A dynamic working environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Various on-site entertainments.
- Competitive salary package.